Once of the easiest things to cook for tot and she seems to enjoy it a lot.
1 tbs oil
1/4tsp cumin seeds
3 spring onions – wash thoroughly and then chopped finely. I tend to discard much of the green part
1 small garlic clove – crushed
1 medium potato – peeled and cut into 1cm dice
1 frozen spinach bit (not sure what you call it, it’s the chunks that frozen spinach comes in) – defrost
1/5 tsp turmeric
- Over a low heat, heat oil and add the cumin seeds
- When they sizzle add the spring onions and garlic and let cook until they soften. Keep an eye on it as I find that the onions can burn really quickly
- Add potatoes and turmeric
- Add the spinach and stir it all so thoroughly combined
- Add water and allow to cook until the potatoes are cooked
Serve either on its own or with some rice. If you are ok with you can add a small amount of salt at the same time as the turmeric but so far our tot has eaten it without any.