In my mind there is nothing better than a hot, fresh from the oven dessert, especially on cold, snowy Spring days. I’m currently doing a Healthy Eating course and there are some great desserts on the menus. This one is a winner with my kiddo who likes it with a small scoop of icecream (bang there goes the healthy eating but gets her to eat fruit so I’m OK with that).
It’s so easy to make that there is no excuse not to give it a go.
Availably publicly on Change4life site
Apple and Raspberry Crumble
- 2 large eating apples (or 3 small eating apples)
- 100g / 4 oz frozen raspberries (can use any frozen berries. This time round, I used frozen forest fruits)
- 1 tbsp water
- 40g / 1.5 oz margarine
- 75g / 3 oz wholemeal self raising flour
- 40g / 1.5 oz demerara sugar
- 50g / 2 oz rolled oats or oatmeal
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder (not part of recipe but added by me. Mixed spice would work well too)
- Heat the oven to 180°C / 350 °F / gas mark 5.
- Peel, core and slice apples, and mix with raspberries.
- Place apples and raspberries in an ovenproof dish and sprinkle with tbsp of water.
- Rub margarine into flour; mix in sugar, oats and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle on top of the fruit mixture and press with a fork.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown