A very quick shak to make as it uses frozen veg – however it’s full of flavour and goodness. If you are aghast at using frozen, fresh will do but just take slightly longer. I like the vegetables to have some bite so tend to stir fry the shak until the veg are just tender.
- 1 cup frozen broccoli
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbs groundnut oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 green chili chopped finely
- 1 tsp salt (nimak)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (lal murcha)
- 1/2 tsp coriander cumin powder (dhanna jeeru)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (hurder)
- 4 curry leaves
- Lemon juice to taste (I find a good squeeze of a half sufficient)
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium flame and throw in cumin.
- Once cumin are sizzling, add ginger, garlic and chili. Stir
- Add the vegetables, spices and curry leaves. Stir gently until the veg have softened slightly
- Add lemon juice to taste, stir and cook for further 2 minutes
- Serve with basmati rice.