I recently (re)discovered that hubby likes cheesecake. This was news to me even though we both chose to have the most divine lime pie at our wedding. I decided to have a bash at creating my own version using the delicious Raspberry and Chocolate Cheesecake as inspiration (I made this a few weeks ago it was awesome, I forgot to write it up). Now you skinny Minnies out there, don’t think of the calories, just tuck in – you can always go jogging tomorrow (or in my case Zumba!)
- 200g digestive biscuits smashed to crumbs
- 2 tsp / 1 blob of stem ginger cut very finely (if you don’t have any, use 100g disgestives and 75g ginger nuts instead)
- 2tsp sugar syrup from stem ginger
- 60g melted butter
- 300g full fat Philadelphia (cream cheese) softened
- 200ml double cream
- 75g granulated sugar
- zest and juice of a large lime
- 2 kiwis
- a spring loose round tin or flan dish
- 2 large bowls
- A wooden spoon and some muscles
- Once you have pulverised the biscuits to very fine crumbs add in the chopped stem ginger and syrup. Mix very well. I used my hands (clean of course) but if you are so lucky, do it in a food processor.
- Add the melted butter to the mix and stir until it’s combined
- Put the biscuit mix into the tin and squish down well with a spoon. Use the back of the spoon to flatten the surface
- In a large bowl mix together the sugar, cream and Philadelphia
- Stir in the zest and lime juice. Do this bit by bit so that the mixture doesn’t end up too loose
- Mash/puree the green flesh of two of the kiwis (could pass through a sieve but don’t lose the black seeds). Discard the white central part of the kiwi.
- Stir kiwis into the cream mix until all of it is well combined.
- Pour this mixture into the tin and flatten with a spoon.
- Chill in the fridge for two hours
- Remove and serve. A nice touch would be to arrange slices of fresh kiwi on the top